- Are your BJJ / Grappling mat sessions busy and high-paced from start to finish?
- Would you say that you are constantly active?
- Are they productive or would you say:
- You are doing things that you like doing (playing whatever area of BJJ that you prefer), rather than what you should be doing (working on getting more well-rounded)?
- You are putting your efforts into low value activities (wrestling from the knees) rather than those that will give you higher payoff for your efforts (starting every round from your least favourable position)?
- You are putting off what you know you should really be doing?
Many BJJ-players / grapplers rarely stop to think about what they are doing and, more importantly, why they are doing it in the first place.
Start making functional changes to how you utilise the time on the mat (and off it) by ensuring you focus your attention on the things that matter. The basics. The 20 that give you the 80.
This is much easier said than done. I know. I know too well.
The funny things is, once we start doing the things we’re not too fond of (working the guard pass, side control escapes, take downs, Turtle defence…etc.) and you do them for a while, you’ll be a little better at them and by extension enjoy them more.
What are your grappling sessions like?
----Did You Like This Article?--- Click here to add The Part Time Grappler to your Favourites / Bookmarks ---------------------------------