BJJ Training Tips: Ne Waza v BJJ


“This may seem like a stupid question but what is the difference between Judo groundwork and BJJ? For example if u train at a JUDO club that does a lot of NE WAZA would you learn anything different by training at a BJJ club?”

I found this question on a BJJ forum this morning. I don't think it's a stupid question but I'm always curious when people ask this as to why.

I'm guessing you are interested in ground work/BJJ/Grappling. Do you live near a JUDO club that does a lot of NE WAZA, but not near a BJJ club? Then you should definitely go check it out. Go man. Go now :)

Do you live near a BJJ club and not near a JUDO club that does a lot of NE WAZA? Well then definitely go to the BJJ club.

Are you lucky enough to live near both? Do you currently train at one of them and not the second and are perhaps thinking about joining the second as well? Well then you can:
  1. Go and give it a visit. Experience it. Flow with the Go. and/or
  2. Take a look at your current practice. Do you feel that you are an expert within that field and that you have exhausted the knowledge present within your club or are for whatever other reason unhappy and ready to move on? Then by all means do so.
If not, you are just suffering from "Greener Grass" syndrome. Be careful of that syndrome :)

As I said in the start, I don’t think that the question is stupid nor do I mean any disrespect to the one asking it. I’m just a curious kinda fella.

----Did You Like This Article?---

Drop me a line on parttimegrappler@ymail.com or explore some of the recommended past articles on the right...

No comments: