BJJ / Grappling Rash Guard Review: Starlocks Xmartial from Xmartial.com


The STARLOCKS (YUP, YOU READ IT RIGHT!) Rashguard is one of my favourite new additions to the jiujitsu wardrobe. 
I will say that I refuse to wear it under the gi, I am definitely more of a t-shirt or nothing under the gi kinda grappler, but I refuse to hide this beautiful rashie under the gi jacket. In my grappling universe this is strictly Nogi grappling attire.

 

I first heard about XMARTIAL through Instagram. 


They were kind enough to contact me to start collaborating (exchanging links etc.) and we started talking about reviewing one of their products. The hardest part was choosing just one model, as they have a huge range, and they all look great. That said, I reserved judgement because a lot of products look great online then look totally subpar once they arrive in your hands. Not the case here! Let’s have a look at the features of the garment. You can find them at "https://www.xmartial.com/".

 

You can get your own XMARTIAL Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Rash Guard here.

 

Features


  • Raglan Style Sleeves
  • Moisture-wicking Fabric
  • High Density Flat Lock Stitching
  • Gel Panel Waistline for Extra Grip
  • Long sleeve, although they come in short sleeve (not my thing!) and female cuts
You can get your own XMARTIAL Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Rash Guard here.

Quality and Style

The design is cool and trippy. The infamous coffee chain logo is holding shaka poses with her hands and her caffeine-stimulated eyes are DILATED! Putting her in a white gi with a black belt is an excellent additional touch!

 


The fabric is impressively strong and wouldn’t, thanks to the gel-panel, ride during grappling and the thick, flat seams have remained intact
. The seams themselves are a fantastic detail. I honestly think this rash guard is going to last a long, long time.

 







You can get your own XMARTIAL Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Rash Guard here.

Fit and Comfort

Who are we kidding? Lockdown(s) have been unkind to everyone’s waistlines. The fact that this size is M-L (genius!) has meant that it’s not a compression-tight fit, but it hugs my torso and stays close to the skin while rolling. It has a lot of give. It feels silky smooth, even when dry, and, as mentioned above, it NEVER rides up.

 

Model: Starlocks

Size: M-L

Measurements

Length: 27.5 inch, 70cm

Width: 18.5 inch, 47cm

Collar to Cuff: 29 inch, 73cm

Armpit to Cuff: 21 inch, 53cm

Cuff: 4 inch, 10cm

Width across the upper arm: 7.5 inch, 19cm

 

My measurements:

Height: 5’10’’, 178cm

Weight: 187lb, 85kg (thank you Lockdown(s)!)

Waist size: 24inch, 61cm

Build: I work out!

 

 Generally, I have nothing but love for this rash guard. My only notes, but that’s only off my own personal taste, is the back signage. It’s … unmissable. I prefer subtilty.

 


Because I wear suits and formal shirts at work, that’s my usual frame of reference. Imagine someone wearing a drop-dead gorgeous E. Zenga, Alexander McQueen or Ralph Lauren suit and when you turn around, it says the designer’s name and slogan in big, bold letters across the upper back. Rather, I want it to be so great-looking and great-functioning that anyone seeing it comes over to ask about the make and where I got it from. But again, that’s just me. 


This is the first rash guard that made me understand why John Danaher constantly wears them, including on date nights!

But honestly, what really tips this rash guard for me over the edge is the staff at XMARTIAL. They truly go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with the purchase. I recommend them just as much as I recommend this particular product.

You can get your own XMARTIAL Jiu-Jitsu and MMA Rash Guard here.

--------------------------------------------------

ZHOO ZHITSU IS FOR EVERYONE!

Check for more resources on Amazon.com:

No comments: