BJJ Tips: Simple Solutions to Grappling Problems

Something I saw recently on one of the great blogs I follow (see list to the right) inspired this post. In here I present you with a simple BJJ problem and in the video under that I suggest a simple solution. Let's see if our ideas match:



Simple BJJ problem. What do you suggest for a solution?


This is one of the reasons I focus on the basics of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I think the other solutions (armbars and sweeps) are naturally more than valid, but I always feel that the simpler solutions will serve me, and other Part Time Grapplers, further in the long run.

I thank my brother for helping me with this. Don't you just love his afro?!

----Did You Like This Article?--- Click here to add The Part Time Grappler to your Favourites / Bookmarks

2 comments:

Megan said...

I've actually never had this done to me...is speed a factor at all when countering?

Liam H Wandi said...

Give it a go amiga. Speed is a factor if you don't want to get choked out.