Judo & BJJ in central London

Tokei Martial Arts is my judo spiritual home here in London. I occasionally nip into the Budokwai, the world's oldest martial arts dojo outside Japan, but my home is Tokei.

Recently, after much badgering, I convinced my friend and fellow jiujitsu black belt Mr Simon Tutton to get back into judo which had practiced a lot a few years back and thoroghly enjoyed. He soon became a regular face at Tokei Martial Arts and is progressing through the ranks within judo at a great rate.

What's more, when the interest was made known that Tokei Martial Arts students would like to learn jiujitsu, Simon was quickly nominated both due to being an experienced teacher (you can catch him teaching jiujitsu twice a week at New School BJJ down in Battersea) but also a very nice and caring instructor who looks after his students.

Someone didn't get the gi-colour memo!


Simon is part of a duo of black belts who teach over at Tokei Martial Arts. Simon takes the Saturday classes while a gentleman by the name of Mr Vernon O'Neil teaches on Thursday evening.





The atmosphere at Tokei is what attracted me to it in the first place and I am happy to report that that friendly and welcoming atmosphere is still evident in Simon's jiujitsu classes on Saturdays.


Smell my Shaka!

In fact, you will often see most of the judoka who show up for the 10.30-12.00 judo class stay for the 12.00-13.00 jiujitsu class, after a prompt change of belts.

I cannot recommend this place enough. Great facilities and location, great instruction and great people. Contact them now to check what's on offer!



--------------------------------------------------

ZHOO ZHITSU IS FOR EVERYONE!

Check for more resources on Amazon.com:

No comments: